All Intensive Care Nav Equations
- Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index (PESI)
Predicts 30-day outcome of patients with pulmonary embolism using 11 clinical criteria.
- Simplified PESI (Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index)
Predicts 30-day outcome of patients with pulmonary embolism with fewer criteria than the original Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index.
- SIRS, Sepsis, and Septic Shock Criteria
Defines the severity of sepsis and septic shock.
- Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA) Score
Predicts ICU mortality based on lab results and clinical data.
- Acetaminophen Overdose and NAC Dosing
Calculates PO/IV NAC dosing for acetaminophen overdose, as well as a nomogram for determining toxic 4 hour ingestion levels.
- King’s College Criteria for Acetaminophen Toxicity
Provides lab-based recommendations for who should be immediately referred for liver transplant after acetaminophen overdose.
- Winters’ Formula for Metabolic Acidosis Compensation
Calculates the expected pCO2 in a purely metabolic acidosis.
- Oxygenation Index
Calculates oxygenation index, useful for predicting outcome especially in pediatric patients.
- Ideal Body Weight
Calculates ideal body weight by the Devine formula.
- Creatinine Clearance (Cockcroft-Gault Equation)
Calculates creatinine clearance according to the Cockgroft-Gault equation.
- PSI/PORT Score: Pneumonia Severity Index for Adult CAP
Estimates mortality for patients with pneumonia using demographic, lab, and radiographic data.
- Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
Calculates a corrected calcium level for patients with hypoalbuminemia.
- Basal Energy Expenditure
Calculates daily energy expenditure based on gender, height and weight for caloric requirements.
- APACHE II Score for ICU Mortality
Calculates the APACHE-II score to estimate predicted mortality.
- A-a O2 Gradient
Calculates the A-a gradient to assess for degree of shunting and V/Q mismatch.