All Pediatrics Nav Equations
- Estimated/Expected Peak Expiratory Flow (Peak Flow)
Calculates expected peak flow to help quantify asthma exacerbation severity.
- Westley Croup Score
Quantifies croup severity (although mainly used for research, not clinically).
- PELD Score (Pediatric End-Stage Liver Disease) (younger than 12)
Calculates the pediatric version of the MELD score for liver cirrhosis severity and transplant planning.
- Pediatric Ins and Outs (per kg and per hour)
Calculates fluid status in volume per weight and volume per weight per time, for pediatrics.
- Maintenance Fluids Calculations
Calculates maintenance fluid requirements by weight.
- Endotracheal Tube (ETT) Size for Pediatrics
Estimates appropriate endotracheal tube size for children.
- CSF WBC Correction for RBCs
Estimates how to correct lumbar puncture WBC count for traumatic tap (many other formulas exist).
- BMI and Body Surface Area (BSA)
Calculates BMI and estimates body surface area by height and weight.
- Basal Energy Expenditure
Calculates daily energy expenditure based on gender, height and weight for caloric requirements.
- APGAR Score
Calculates the APGAR score to objectively assess neonates.