Rome IV Diagnostic Criteria for Functional Constipation
Official Rome IV criteria for the diagnosis of functional constipation.
Use in patients with symptoms suggestive of constipation for at least the last 3 months.
Patients with any of the following features must be evaluated clinically for other diagnoses even though functional constipation may be present:
- Signs or symptoms of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Unexplained iron deficiency anemia.
- Unintentional weight loss.
- Palpable abdominal mass or lymphadenopathy on exam.
- Family history of colon cancer and have not had age-appropriate colon cancer screening.
- Onset of symptoms age ≥50 years and have not had age-appropriate colon cancer screening.
- Sudden or acute onset of new change in bowel habit.
When to Use
Please fill out required fields.
- Colleen Parker, MD
Have feedback about this calculator?