Pediatric Endotracheal Tube (ETT) Size
Estimates ET tube size based on age.
When to Use
Please fill out required fields.
- Ventilator settings are always required after intubation but are beyond the scope of this rapid information:
- Tidal volume in pediatrics is often set 6-8mL/kg
- Respiratory rate is often set 25-40 breaths / minute
- FiO2 is often started at 1.0 (100%)
- Post-intubation care also typically includes:
- Chest x-ray to confirm tube placement
- Medications for sedation and analgesia
- Elevation of the head of the bed
- NG tube to decompress the stomach
- ABG after 15-30 minutes after to assess oxygenation and acid-base status
Have feedback about this calculator?