YEARS Algorithm for Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
Helps rule out pulmonary embolism; also validated in pregnant patients with clinically suspected PE.
Use in hemodynamically stable patients ≥18 years old.
Take note of the following exclusion criteria:
- Treatment with therapeutic doses of anticoagulants initiated 24 hours or more before eligibility assessment.
- Life expectancy less than 3 months.
- Geographic inaccessibility precluding follow-up.
- Pregnancy (be sure to use pregnancy-adapted YEARS algorithm in the calc).
- Allergy to intravenous contrast agent.
When to Use
Please fill out required fields.
Have feedback about this calculator?